Groups fundraise for Va. cop who shot suspect off duty
By Kery Dougherty
NORFOLK, Va. — He thinks it's the end of his day.
A police rookie gets off work, hops into his aging Jeep Wrangler and heads for home. Along the way he hears that shots have been fired nearby in a police pursuit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms