Off-duty Capitol officer wounded in shootout
WASHINGTON — An off-duty U.S. Capitol police officer was wounded during a shootout in Maryland on Thursday night, authorities said. It was the second shooting involving Capitol police officers in as many days.
The off-duty officer was shot after he happened upon an altercation between two men in the parking lot of an apartment building in Prince Georges County, Maryland, Prince Georges police spokesman Evan Baxter told CNN.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Capitol officer wounded in shootout
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms