Capitol police praised for recent shootings
By Emily Yehle
WASHINGTON — Before last Wednesday, it had been almost 11 years since a Capitol Police officer was forced to fire his gun on duty.
There have been a few close calls; in 2006, for example, a man ran into the Capitol carrying a gun before being caught by a few House employees.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Capitol police praised for recent shootings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests