Convicted N.M. killer ordered hit on local sheriff
By T.J. Wilham
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A convicted killer has allegedly offered up to $20,000 to get someone to kill Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White, who is operating under special security precautions, including sometimes wearing a bulletproof vest.
Investigators say three men had been approached to carry out the plot, and police can't find one of them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help