Convicted N.M. killer ordered hit on local sheriff
By T.J. Wilham
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A convicted killer has allegedly offered up to $20,000 to get someone to kill Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White, who is operating under special security precautions, including sometimes wearing a bulletproof vest.
Investigators say three men had been approached to carry out the plot, and police can't find one of them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house