Off-duty Detroit cop shoots wife, then himself
By Tammy Stables Battaglia and Amber Hunt
Detroit Free Press
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Shots rang out in the parking lot of the Canton Public Library this morning as an off-duty Detroit Police homicide investigator shot and killed his wife, also a DPD officer, and then shot himself, according to investigators.
Ed Williams, 36, is on life support pending organ donation, Canton Police spokesman Mark Gajeski said at noon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Detroit cop shoots wife, then himself
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help