Off-duty NYPD cop kills woman in alleged DWI incident
By Murray Weiss, Austin Fenner and Jamie Schram
New York Post
NEW YORK — A boozed-up NYPD officer fatally mowed down a Brooklyn woman yesterday, and his passengers - including a fellow off-duty cop - fled the scene as the victim lay dying, police and law-enforcement sources said.
Officer Andrew Kelly, 30, assigned to the 68th Precinct in Bay Ridge, was found reeking of alcohol and with slurred speech and bloodshot eyes after his Jeep struck 33-year-old Vionique Valnord, the daughter of a minister, as she left a wedding at around 12:41 a.m. in Flatlands, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman