Off-duty Md. cop pulled gun at haunted house
By Peter Hermann
BALTIMORE, Md. — The haunted house in Essex is billed "The House of Screams," but it was the character of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre killer who ended up frightened when authorities say an off-duty Baltimore police officer pulled his gun and pointed it at the actor during a skit at the Eastpoint Mall.
Baltimore County police officers arrested Southeastern District Sgt. Eric Michael Janik, 36, and charged him early Monday with first- and second-degree assault and reckless endangerment. He was released on $25,000 bail and suspended by the Baltimore Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Md. cop pulled gun at haunted house
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman