Details emerge in Vegas officer's off-duty murder
By Lawrence Mower and Adrienne Packer
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS — Prentice Marshall was the triggerman, Adrian Pena drove the getaway car, and Las Vegas police officer Trevor Nettleton was the unfortunate victim who opened his garage door just as the two were headed down his street early Thursday, according to the suspects' arrest reports.
The North Las Vegas police reports, which were released Monday, provided general details about the fatal shooting but did not specify what led to it. Police said the shooting was a botched robbery attempt.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman