Editorial: When policing gets personal, violence can follow
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Cops are human, and the natural impulse to help a family member can put them in situations in which they're tempted to use their badge or gun in a personal dispute. And that can lead to trouble.
The weekend incident involving Sgt. Frank Tepper is at least the fourth case in the past two years of an officer allegedly abusing his authority in a personal matter.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy