Facebook comments cost Ga. cop his job
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. — An attorney for a Sandy Springs police officer who said he was fired for a Facebook posting says what happened to his client could happen to anyone.
"Not only is it a censorship issue that everyone needs to know about," Mike Puglise said, "they are not only saying that you can't write it, but also that they can interpret what the content means."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Facebook comments cost Ga. cop his job
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman