Facebook comments cost Ga. cop his job
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. — An attorney for a Sandy Springs police officer who said he was fired for a Facebook posting says what happened to his client could happen to anyone.
"Not only is it a censorship issue that everyone needs to know about," Mike Puglise said, "they are not only saying that you can't write it, but also that they can interpret what the content means."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Facebook comments cost Ga. cop his job
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform