N.J. officer suspended after off-duty DWI crash
By Tom Quigley
ALLAMUCHY TWP., N.J. — A New Jersey State Police sergeant faces drunken-driving and other charges following a Dec. 17 two-vehicle crash on Route 517 north of Hackettstown, state police Capt. Gerald Lewis said Thursday.
Sgt. Steve Pelligra, 45, of Sussex County, was suspended without pay pending the outcome of the investigation, Lewis said. Pelligra is assigned to state police at Hope Township.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. officer suspended after off-duty DWI crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help