Gun found at Las Vegas airport belonged to officer
The officer was not cited for leaving her gun in a bathroom stall
LAS VEGAS — A gun found inside a stall in a women’s restroom located past the security checkpoint on the C concourse at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas caused a hold to be placed on flights Friday, Metro police said.
Metro police spokesman Bill Cassell said the gun belonged to a female law enforcement officer from a jurisdiction in another state who was leaving Las Vegas. He said the officer was traveling with the appropiate paperwork, and the weapon was returned to her.
Read full story: Las Vegas officer leaves gun in bathroom
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform