Gun found at Las Vegas airport belonged to officer
The officer was not cited for leaving her gun in a bathroom stall
LAS VEGAS — A gun found inside a stall in a women’s restroom located past the security checkpoint on the C concourse at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas caused a hold to be placed on flights Friday, Metro police said.
Metro police spokesman Bill Cassell said the gun belonged to a female law enforcement officer from a jurisdiction in another state who was leaving Las Vegas. He said the officer was traveling with the appropiate paperwork, and the weapon was returned to her.
Read full story: Las Vegas officer leaves gun in bathroom
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight