Vegas officer's son critical after accidental shooting
The cop's child discovered the gun in a night stand
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS — The young son of a Las Vegas police officer was in critical condition this morning after accidentally shooting himself with a handgun in Moapa Valley, police said.
Police said the child was put to bed in his parents' bedroom late Saturday evening, when he discovered the gun in a night stand. The gun discharged, striking the child in the arm and abdomen, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house