Vegas cop could be charged after son's accidental shooting
The boy is in critical condition after finding his father's handgun
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS — A Las Vegas police officer could face criminal charges after his young son shot himself with a handgun in their Moapa Valley home Saturday night.
The boy, whose name and age were not released, was in critical condition at University Medical Center on Monday as the Metropolitan Police Department's Abuse and Neglect Detail investigated the incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help