Okla. officer does after 'accidental shooting'
Off-duty officer Shannon Lee Fredman was found dead at his home
MCLOUD, Okla. — An off-duty police officer in McLoud was found shot to death in his home late Thursday, police have confirmed.
Shannon Lee Fredman, 30, was found dead at about 10 p.m. Thursday by another officer at Fredman's home, located at 319 S. Fourth St. in McLoud.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents have looked into the shooting and said it was self-inflicted. City officials told Eyewitness News 5 they believe the shooting was an accident.
Read full story: Officer's shooting death investigated
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic