Okla. officer does after 'accidental shooting'
Off-duty officer Shannon Lee Fredman was found dead at his home
MCLOUD, Okla. — An off-duty police officer in McLoud was found shot to death in his home late Thursday, police have confirmed.
Shannon Lee Fredman, 30, was found dead at about 10 p.m. Thursday by another officer at Fredman's home, located at 319 S. Fourth St. in McLoud.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents have looked into the shooting and said it was self-inflicted. City officials told Eyewitness News 5 they believe the shooting was an accident.
Read full story: Officer's shooting death investigated
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman