Policy change for Texas cops who moonlight at bars
The new policy prohibits officers from working for businesses like bars or clubs
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Bexar County deputies who provide security for bars and nightclubs will have to moonlight elsewhere because of a new sheriff's department policy that took effect this month.
The policy, implemented March 1 on orders of Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz, prohibits deputies from working part time for establishments that generate more than 50 percent of their sales from alcohol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops