Policy change for Texas cops who moonlight at bars
The new policy prohibits officers from working for businesses like bars or clubs
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Bexar County deputies who provide security for bars and nightclubs will have to moonlight elsewhere because of a new sheriff's department policy that took effect this month.
The policy, implemented March 1 on orders of Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz, prohibits deputies from working part time for establishments that generate more than 50 percent of their sales from alcohol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman