Pa. officer cleared in off-duty shooting
Lt. Jonathan D. Josey II chased and fatally shot a robbery suspect
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia Police Lt. Jonathan D. Josey II was off work when he walked into a City Avenue 7-Eleven store during a predawn armed robbery March 19, but he did his duty in chasing the suspect into a fatal confrontation, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Almost two weeks after Josey, 38, shot and killed Kenneth DeShields, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said Josey, a 17-year police veteran assigned to the highway patrol, behaved justifiably.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. officer cleared in off-duty shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms