Off-duty Texas deputy lauded as hero in shooting
Deputy Paul Robertson shot a gunman who burst into Walmart
Dallas Morning News
COMMERCE, Texas — An off-duty sheriff's deputy was lauded as a hero Sunday for shooting a man who burst into a Walmart during a gunfight with police near the campus of Texas A&M-Commerce.
The gunman was killed in the afternoon shooting. Delta County Deputy Paul Robertson was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries Sunday night. He apparently was shopping when the suspect came to the store.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Texas deputy lauded as hero in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend