Off-duty Texas deputy lauded as hero in shooting
Deputy Paul Robertson shot a gunman who burst into Walmart
Dallas Morning News
COMMERCE, Texas — An off-duty sheriff's deputy was lauded as a hero Sunday for shooting a man who burst into a Walmart during a gunfight with police near the campus of Texas A&M-Commerce.
The gunman was killed in the afternoon shooting. Delta County Deputy Paul Robertson was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries Sunday night. He apparently was shopping when the suspect came to the store.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Texas deputy lauded as hero in shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform