Ill. Chief killed in off-duty vehicle collision
Chief William Bauer had served with the Wyoming Police Department for over 7 years and was the acting chief of the Bradford Police Department
Duty Death: William T. Bauer - [Wyoming, Illinois]
By PoliceOne Staff
MARSHALL COUNTY, Ill. — Chief William Bauer was killed in an automobile accident two miles east of Camp Grove in Marshall County.
At about 11:30 a.m., Chief Bauer was traveling eastbound on County Road 1050 North when a southbound vehicle entered the intersection, pulling into his path. Chief Bauer suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. He was on his way to an Illinois Valley Crime Commission executive board luncheon in Hennepin at the time of the accident.
Chief Bauer had served with the Wyoming Police Department for over 7½ years and for the past year and had been chief of the Bradford Police Department. He previously served as a part-time officer with the Henry, Princeton and Sheffield police departments for five years.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help