Pa. cop caught at casino using card-counting device
Officer hastily retires, though no charges have been filed yet
By David Gambacorta
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — A veteran Philadelphia police officer was caught using a card-counting device earlier this week at the Parx casino, law-enforcement sources said yesterday.
The cop, identified by the sources as John Gallagher, 56, has not yet been criminally charged in connection with the incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help