Ga. deputy killed at home by suicidal gunman
When the deputy opened the door, the suspect shot and killed him before turning the gun on himself and committing suicide
Duty Death: Kevin Roberts - [Greene County, Georgia]
By PoliceOne Staff
GREENE COUNTY, Ga. — Chief Deputy Kevin Roberts was shot and killed at his home by the target of a narcotics investigation the sheriff's office was undertaking.
The subject had gone to his home and knocked on the door at about 8:30 am on a Sunday morning. When Chief Deputy Roberts answered the door he was fatally shot by the man, who then killed himself.
Chief Deputy Roberts had served with the Greene County Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He had a total of 30 years of law enforcement experience and had previously served with the Union Point Police Department and Greensboro Police Department. He is survived by his wife, two children, and grandchildren.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police