Officer haunted by woman's fatal decision
The off-duty cop tried to save Jennifer Nicole Merriman, who ran back to her car just before a train struck it
By Gina Potthoff
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Maybe she left something in the car. Or maybe she was trying to save her only means of transportation.
The reason Jennifer Nicole Merriman ran back to her car just before a train struck it last month was lost when the 30-year-old mother of three boys and a girl died on that cold, snowy night, Dec. 7.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer haunted by woman's fatal decision
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops