Ex-cop shot in head during likely robbery
Suspect who visited home jailed on charge of attempted murder
By Don Jacobs
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Sheriff's officials suspect robbery was the motive in the shooting of a former Knoxville police officer who was found slumped over in a recliner in his North Knox County trailer.
Mike Parker, 63, was shot once in the head with a .22-caliber pistol about 11 a.m. Sunday, said Knox County Sheriff's Office Capt. Clyde Cowan.
Parker was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center where his condition was unavailable because of medical confidentiality laws.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop shot in head during likely robbery
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police