Off-duty NJ cop shoots gunman mid haircut
The Paterson officer sprang from a barber's chair when he spotted a man removing a handgun from his waistband
By Justo Bautista
Passaic County Herald News
PATERSON, NJ — An off-duty Paterson police officer sprang from a barber's chair on Wednesday when he spotted a man with a handgun on a city street and shot the man twice as he pulled the weapon from his waistband, authorities said.
Jermaine Eason, 21, of Paterson was removing the handgun from his pants when the officer took action, firing four rounds from his service weapon, Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia M. Valdes said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty NJ cop shoots gunman mid haircut
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy