Off-duty NJ cop shoots gunman mid haircut
The Paterson officer sprang from a barber's chair when he spotted a man removing a handgun from his waistband
By Justo Bautista
Passaic County Herald News
PATERSON, NJ — An off-duty Paterson police officer sprang from a barber's chair on Wednesday when he spotted a man with a handgun on a city street and shot the man twice as he pulled the weapon from his waistband, authorities said.
Jermaine Eason, 21, of Paterson was removing the handgun from his pants when the officer took action, firing four rounds from his service weapon, Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia M. Valdes said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty NJ cop shoots gunman mid haircut
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help