Off-duty officer shot, killed in St. Louis
Daryl Hall, 34, was attempting to break up gunfight at bar; suspect also dead
ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis police officer is dead following an off-duty altercation at a downtown nightclub.
Police Chief Daniel Isom told KSDK-TV that the officer is 34-year-old Daryl Hall, a five-year veteran of the department. An alleged gunman was also killed.
Isom says Hall was off duty inside the club with a girlfriend on Saturday. A disturbance had spilled out to the parking lot, and Hall went outside to try and resolve the dispute. Gunfire erupted and Hall was struck in the neck, side and arm. He was pronounced dead at Saint Louis University Hospital.
The name of the other man killed has not been released. A third man believed to have been involved in the gun battle is in custody.
Information from: KSDK-TV (http://www.ksdk.com)
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy