Video: A 3 day journey to honor fallen heroes
The cycling officers say memories of comrades like officers Dave Curtis and Jeff Kocab are keeping them focused
By Chris Martinez
ABC Action News
TAMPA — On a bridge in Virginia, dozens of officers stopped to take a much needed first break. They gulped water from bottles attached to their hips, and some briefly removed their helmets as a police helicopter hovered overhead.
Fifty miles down, at least 200 more to go.
Cell phone video and photos taken by Tampa Police officers captured that scene Tuesday as they took part in day one of the Police Unity Tour.
Read more on ABC and watch the videos below to hear the officers talk about their fallen colleagues.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help