Detroit Police Sgt. dies after motorcycle crash
Sgt. Michael Martel, 42, was in critical condition for 2 days
By PoliceOne Staff
DETROIT — A Detroit police sergeant died two days after being injured in an off-duty motorcycle crash.
After his motorcycle veered off the road Friday, Sergeant Michael Martel, 42, was sent to the hospital where he died Sunday, the Detroit Free Press reported.
He had not been wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, Police Chief Donald Drake said.
Memorial services are pending.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy