Detroit Police Sgt. dies after motorcycle crash
Sgt. Michael Martel, 42, was in critical condition for 2 days
By PoliceOne Staff
DETROIT — A Detroit police sergeant died two days after being injured in an off-duty motorcycle crash.
After his motorcycle veered off the road Friday, Sergeant Michael Martel, 42, was sent to the hospital where he died Sunday, the Detroit Free Press reported.
He had not been wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, Police Chief Donald Drake said.
Memorial services are pending.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms