Reserve officer commended for saving man's life
Roy Bickford saved an elderly man who had stopped breathing
Nick Sambides Jr.
Bangor Daily News
LINCOLN, Maine — A retired U.S. Marine gunnery sergeant decorated for saving lives in Gulf War I and Somalia, Roy Bickford didn't hesitate or even worry when an elderly woman rushed toward him late last month yelling that her husband wasn't breathing.
"I said to him, 'You OK? You OK?' He was very pale and I could not get a pulse," Bickford recalled Tuesday. "I pulled him out of his wheelchair and laid him on a picnic table and got him breathing again."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Reserve officer commended for saving man's life
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman