Volunteer NYPD cop fatally shot
Cops and relatives were at a loss to explain why Francky Alegar would be targeted for murder
Kirstan Conley and C.J. Sullivan
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An off-duty NYPD auxiliary cop heading to his day job at a Manhattan hospital was fatally shot in the back near his Brooklyn home yesterday morning, police said.
The body of Francky Aleger, a 39-year-old volunteer peace officer, was found at around 6 a.m. on a sidewalk at East 95th Street and Glenwood Road in Canarsie.
Emergency responders didn't notice the bullet wound to Aleger's lower back until he was in the ambulance en route to Brookdale Hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Volunteer NYPD cop fatally shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic