Pa. officer kills man breaking into his home
A second burglar fled from the house, but was apprehended later Monday after driving off in the officer's car
By Allison Steele
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — An off-duty Warminster Township police officer shot and killed a man who broke into the officer's Andorra house early Monday, police said.
A second burglar fled from the house, but was apprehended later Monday after driving off in the officer's car.
Philadelphia police said the incident appeared to be random, but the investigation is ongoing. The officer shares the home with his wife and four children. No one was injured, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. officer kills man breaking into his home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman