Pa. cop slugged at memorial for accident victim
The officer was treated for multiple facial fractures after getting sucker punched while off duty
LANCASTER, Pa. — A vehicle driven by an off-duty police officer accidentally struck a man standing in the road in Pequea Township on Thursday night, and then the officer was punched by a bystander when he tried to help the man, according to police.
The accident victim, Ross J. Novack, 22, of Pine Grove, was in serious condition Friday at Lancaster General Hospital. Novack was among a group of people who had gathered Thursday at a memorial for a man killed in a July motorcycle wreck.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. cop slugged at memorial for accident victim
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests