Man confesses to killing Philly cop shot at end of shift
Suspect, 23, walked out of prison 10 days before the shooting death of Officer Moses Walker Jr.
By Allison Steele, Mark Fazlollah, and Joseph A. Slobodzian
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A 23-year-old Philadelphia man who walked out of prison 10 days before the shooting of city Police Officer Moses Walker Jr. has confessed to killing him, police sources said Thursday night.
Rafael Jones of the 1800 block of West Susquehanna Avenue was first picked up for questioning Wednesday and is expected to be charged Friday in Walker's death. He had been released from prison Aug. 8 after violating probation on a gun conviction, and although a judge ordered him fitted with an electronic monitoring device, he apparently never was.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy