Wrong way driver strikes off-duty Wis. officer
A woman without headlights who may have been drunk crashed into an officer's vehicle head-on
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — A wrong way driver crashed into an off duty police officer's vehicle early Wednesday morning.
The woman was traveling westbound in the eastbound lanes without headlights when she struck a the vehicle head-on, investigators with the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department determined. Local news stations report the woman may have been drunk.
The officer, 31, who was driving the vehicle that was hit, was injured, Milwaukee police said. He had just finished his shift. The woman taken to the hospital.
The woman and the officer are currently in critical condition, according to WISN.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house