Off-duty SF deputy shoots teen he said tried to rob him
Police found a replica firearm at the scene
By Sean Maher and Kristin J. Bender
Contra Costa Times
OAKLAND, Calif. — An off-duty San Francisco sheriff's deputy shot a 17-year-old boy he said was trying to rob him near Lake Merritt early Monday morning, an Oakland police spokeswoman said.
Police spokeswoman Officer Johnna Watson said the teen, an Alameda resident whose name was not released, remains hospitalized in stable condition.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court