Ex-cop takes down would-be bank robber
A former police officer who was legally armed held the suspect at gunpoint until officers arrived
By Lindsay Whitehurst
The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY — A former police officer made quick work Friday of a suspected bank robber in Sandy.
The 54-year-old man walked into a TransWest Credit Union about 4:10 p.m. and passed the teller a note asking for money, said Sgt. Jon Arnold in a press release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop takes down would-be bank robber
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds