Ex-cop takes down would-be bank robber
A former police officer who was legally armed held the suspect at gunpoint until officers arrived
By Lindsay Whitehurst
The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY — A former police officer made quick work Friday of a suspected bank robber in Sandy.
The 54-year-old man walked into a TransWest Credit Union about 4:10 p.m. and passed the teller a note asking for money, said Sgt. Jon Arnold in a press release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop takes down would-be bank robber
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help