Md. officer dies in off-duty crash
The officer died Thursday afternoon following a collision with an SUV that sent his cruiser into a utility pole
CLINTON, Md. — A Prince George's County officer died Thursday afternoon following a collision with an SUV that sent his cruiser into a utility pole.
Kevin Bowden, 28, who was off-duty at the time, was transported to Southern Maryland Hospital, where he died from his injuries. The other driver was taken to Prince George's County Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The six-year veteran of the Prince George's County Police Department was assigned to the 4th District patrol. He leaves behind a 10-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter.
This is the second fatal crash involving a county police officer in three months. Adrian Morris died in August while chasing a suspect.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help