Off-duty cop killed in stormy Fla. crash
Strong winds from Hurricane Sandy may have contributed, officials said
By PoliceOne Staff
MIAMI — An off-duty officer was killed in a motorcycle crash on Sunday, when strong winds from Hurricane Sandy swept the city and possibly contributed to the accident, city officials said.
Sweetwater Officer Bryan Marrero, 22, was riding his personal bike around 11:15 a.m. on I-75 when he struck a guard rail, The Miami Herald reported. Marrero was thrown from the motorcycle and died at the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help