Guns taken from NM cop recovered
The weapons were recovered through investigation and information that came from a confidential informant
By Jeff Proctor
ALBUQUERQUE — Police said Thursday that they have recovered an assault rifle and a shotgun that were stolen last month from APD Detective Zach Stephenson.
On Thursday morning, the Journal published a story saying that thieves had broken into Stephenson's unmarked, city-owned pickup truck in the parking lot of the Puerto del Sol golf course on Oct. 26 and made off with the rifle, "flashbang" distraction devices and a shotgun that fires Taser prongs — all APD-owned — and Stephenson's personal bulletproof body armor and other items.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Guns taken from NM cop recovered
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help