Suspect shot dead robbing off-duty Calif. officer
The officer told police that he was the victim of an attempted armed robbery, and shot the man fearing his own safety
By Brian Rokos
The Press Enterprise
CORONA, Calif. — A 41-year-old San Bernardino man was shot to death Sunday night, Jan. 13, when he tried to rob an off-duty police officer, Corona police said Tuesday.
The shooting happened about 8 p.m. in the 1200 block of Kendrick Court, a residential neighborhood in Corona near Santiago High School.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court