Off-duty Ore. cop shoots, wounds fellow officer
Officers were responding to calls about a domestic dispute when shots were fired
By Brent Weisberg
KOIN Local 6
FOREST GROVE, Ore. — A police officer is in jail, charged with attempted aggravated murder, officials said.
Senior law enforcement sources confirm Officer Timothy Cannon, who works for the Hillsboro Police Department, is accused of shooting and wounding a Washington County Sheriff's deputy who responded to a domestic violence call at the officer's home.
Officers attempted to talk with Cannon, sources said, but — at some point — shots were fired when several deputies entered the home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court