Rapping Dallas cop suspended for video with gun
Regina Smith, whose stage name is "Lucille Baller" is seen in the video in uniform toting a gun as she raps
By Tanya Eiserer
The Dallas Morning News
"Lt. Smith has served the Dallas Police Department with distinction for 25 years," said Chris Livingston, Smith's attorney. "She suffered a terrible loss on Jan. 6, 2009, when the love of her life, Senior Cpl. Norman Smith, was murdered in the line of duty. She asks that the public respect her privacy."
The department launched an internal affairs investigation into Smith's activities in late November after learning about the website promoting Smith's independent record label and music production company, Big Rush In Global Media. The company's name was a reference to "Big Russian," the nickname used by Smith's husband, Norm Smith, who was fatally shot while he and other gang unit officers were trying to serve a robbery warrant.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rapping Dallas cop suspended for video with gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms