Video: Fleeing violent teen runs into cop's home, gets arrested
The teen had hit his foster parent, causing the woman to seek medical attention, and just happened to run to a cop's home
WSVN 7 News
OPA-LOCKA, Fla. — The police officer who invited a teenage boy into his home as he fled from authorities for allegedly assaulting a foster parent claims the youth had no idea he was literally running into the law.
A Miami-Dade Schools Police detective on his day off said the teenager approached his home and told him, "'I'm running from the police, can you help me?'" The officer, who asked to remain anonymous, said he invited the teen into his home. He said his house guest told him he had "pushed" a foster parent.
The detective observed the boy remained clueless to the fact he had set foot into the home of a law enforcer. The teenager walked by several pictures on the walls showing his host in his police uniform, but he appeared not to notice them. The youth also failed to notice the police radio and handcuffs laying on a marble table.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman