5 NYPD employees arrested in separate incidents
2 off-duty cops were charged with driving while intoxicated, an administrative aide was charged with possession of a controlled substance
NEW YORK — Five New York Police Department employees, including three police officers, have been arrested in separate incidents on charges including driving while intoxicated and unlawful surveillance.
Off-duty police officers Joseph King and Dennis Munge were each charged with driving while intoxicated on Sunday in Queens. King was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident and refusing to take a breathalyzer test.
Off-duty NYPD administrative aide Curline Brown was arrested on Saturday in the Bronx and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Two employees were arrested in the Bronx on Friday. Officer Miguel Gomez was charged with unlawful surveillance.
NYPD traffic agent Denise Johnson was charged with obstructing government administration, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of stolen property.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman