Double amputee shoots Wal-mart manager, flees in motorized wheelchair
An off-duty cop heard the shot in the store, which started as a dispute over the man's unleashed service dog
By Neil Torquiano
NBC - 2 KTUU
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A double amputee in a motorized wheelchair with a medium-sized service dog allegedly shot a Walmart manager Saturday afternoon over a dispute about the dog, according to the Anchorage Police Department.
Anita Shell, APD spokesperson, said the shooting happened shortly before 3 p.m. inside the Walmart on A Street and later identified the shooting victim as 33-year-old manager Jason Mahi.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform