Wyo. initiative seeks to reduce police suicides
In 2012, there were 129 LODD in the US, but also 126 officer suicides, says Badge of Life Program
By Kelsey Bray
The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Area officials are hoping that new programs will encourage law enforcement officers to ask for help rather than committing suicide.
In 2012, there were 129 police officer line-of-duty fatalities in the U.S. In that same year, there were 126 police officer suicides, according to the Badge of Life Police Mental Health Program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wyo. initiative seeks to reduce police suicides
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police