Video: Off-duty cop thwarts attack at Honolulu airport
The officer was going through the security line when he witnessed an assault
HONOLULU — Federal airport authorities are praising an off-duty California police officer who came to the rescue of a security agent who was being assaulted at the Honolulu airport.
Corporal Justin Rogers of the Pinole Police Department was on vacation and had just taken off his shoes to go through security on March 30 when he spotted the assault.
Security footage released Thursday shows a woman hit a female Transportation Security Administration officer and put her in a headlock. Rogers jumped over a small wall and threw her to the ground.
Pinole police Cmdr. Pete Janke told the Contra Costa Times that Rogers identified himself and was given a pair of handcuffs to put on the suspect. He made his flight back home.
The suspect's identity or what prompted her to attack the agent was not immediately known.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman