TSA officially thanks cop for saving TSO in attack
The TSA thanked the off-duty cop for his efforts on their blog
By Mark Rockwell
Government Security News
HONOLULU — The TSA, on April 5, officially thanked an off-duty California policeman for fending off an assault of a Transportation Security Officer by a homeless woman at the Honolulu International Airport.
“TSA would like to thank Corporal Justin Rogers for his selfless and speedy actions on behalf of one of our officers at Honolulu International Airport,” said the TSA in an April 5 statement on its Web blog. “Thank you Cpl. Justin Rogers, for your heroic actions and your continued service.”
Video of the March 30 incident shows Corporal Justin Rogers of the Pinole, CA, Police Department jumping over a wall at a security checkpoint to help a female TSO who was being slugged by a woman who airport authorities said frequents the facility.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash