TSA officially thanks cop for saving TSO in attack
The TSA thanked the off-duty cop for his efforts on their blog
By Mark Rockwell
Government Security News
HONOLULU — The TSA, on April 5, officially thanked an off-duty California policeman for fending off an assault of a Transportation Security Officer by a homeless woman at the Honolulu International Airport.
“TSA would like to thank Corporal Justin Rogers for his selfless and speedy actions on behalf of one of our officers at Honolulu International Airport,” said the TSA in an April 5 statement on its Web blog. “Thank you Cpl. Justin Rogers, for your heroic actions and your continued service.”
Video of the March 30 incident shows Corporal Justin Rogers of the Pinole, CA, Police Department jumping over a wall at a security checkpoint to help a female TSO who was being slugged by a woman who airport authorities said frequents the facility.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court