SF officer's body found near marina
Authorities searched for the officer when is unmanned boat was found with the key in the ignition
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN FRANCISCO — Authorities found an officer’s body in the waters of San Pablo Bay Tuesday after a search was initiated when his boat was discovered with the keys in the ignition and his wallet and cell phone on board.
Michael Roberts, 56, had been with the San Francisco sheriff’s department since 1998, according to SF Weekly.
“Deputy Michael Roberts was a hardworking and well-respected 15-year veteran of the San Francisco’s Sheriff’s Department,” the SF Deputy Sheriff’s Association said in a statement. “We are deeply saddened by his death and offer our heartfelt sympathies to Mike’s wife and children. I speak on behalf of all of our deputies in saying that Mike will be missed.”
Foul play is not suspected in the death, officials said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help