Sex offender exposes self to off-duty cop
The officer was jogging when the suspect pulled up to ask her for directions - clueless to who he'd approached
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — An off-duty police officer was out jogging when registered sex offender, Patrick Simone, drove up next to her and asked for directions, according to investigators.
When the officer approached, Simone exposed himself. The officer snapped photos of Simone and his car.
Even though indecent exposure is a misdemeanor, Simone may not get out any time soon. WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said it could expose him to state prison for violation of probation. In 2008, Simone showed up at a park with two box cutters and handcuffs, planning to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex. He served about four years of a five-year sentence and underwent a psychological evaluation.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help